How Well Do You Know Your Books ?
Calling all book worms ... Fact or fiction ? Our literature quiz (a little further down the page), will test you on a variety of types and styles of literature ...
Feel free to use these book quiz questions, when writing your own quizzes.
- List of booker prize winners and their winning books from the first awarded in 1969.
- List of novels by the British novelist of the Victorian era.
Novel First Lines
- This is a list of first lines, of well known, popular novels.
William Shakepeare Plays
- Have been translated into every major language and performed more often than those of any other playwright.
1. Whose diary was written by Helen Fielding ?
2. What was the initial print run, to the nearest million for ‘Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire ?’
5 (4.8 Million)
3. Which leading actress wrote an anthology of critics’ anecdotes called ‘No Stone Unturned’ ?
4. Whose first novel was ‘The Rachel Papers’ in 1974 ?
5. Who wrote the best seller of 2004-2005, ‘The Da Vinci Code’ ?
6. Which pop celebrity wrote ‘Be My Baby’ ?
7. How many ‘Barchester Chronicles’ are there ?
8. Who wrote the novel on which the movie ‘Prince Of Tides’ was based ?
9. Who went from ‘Deceit & Betrayal’ to ‘A Dark of Devotion’ ?
10. Whose book ‘Sex’, coincided with a dance album ‘Erotica’ ?
11. Which science fiction writer, wrote the ‘Foundation’ trilogy ?
12. Which 1957 Evelyn Waugh novel is largely autobiographical ?
‘The Ordeal of Gilbert Pinfold’
13. Who or what was the ‘Empress of Blandings’ ?
Pig (Created by PG Wodehouse)
14. Whose 19th century dictionary standardised US English ?
15. Which comedian wrote ‘Families And How To Survive Them’ ?
16. Which sports stars’ autobiography was called ‘Facing The Music’ ?
Torvill & Dean
17. Against wrote background is Hemingway’s ‘For Whom The Bell Tolls’, told ?
Spanish Civil War
18. Who publishes ‘Hansard’ ?
Her Majesty’s Stationery Office
19. Whose 1998 best seller argued that the universe is a part of a super universe’ ?
20. Which novelist’s great-great-grandfather, founded the ‘Yorkshire Post’?
Return From Literature Quiz To Home Page