Our science quiz below, will test your science trivia ...
- List of chemicals, their atomic number and chemical symbol of the periodic table
1. Diamonds are a form of which chemical element ?
2. Which space shuttle exploded on its launch in 1986 ?
3. With which invention is John Logie Baird associated ?
4. What is the first element in the periodic table ?
5. Which British scientist formulated the three laws of motion, published in a work known as the Principia ?
6. Which two planets would you find asteroid belt ?
Mars & Jupiter
7. Which two elements make up water ?
Hydrogen & Oxygen
8. What is the largest body in the solar system ?
9. Which word did US mathematician Edward Kasner introduce for the number made up of one followed by a hundred zeroes ?
10. In mathematics, Pythagoras's theorem relates to the sides of which right angled figure ?
11. In Roman numerals, which letter is used to represent one hundred ?
12. In taxation terms, the word 'tithe' indicates what fraction of income ?
13. Which metal is the best conductor of electricity ?
14. Which Russian scientist developed conditioned reflexes in dogs that were trained to salivate on hearing a bell ?
Ivan Petrovich Pavlov
15. What is deoxyribonucleric acid, better known as ?
16. On a weather map, what name is given to a line that shown areas with equal atmospheric pressure ?
17. What quantity is represented by the mathematical symbol that appears to be a figure eight on its side ?
18. In imperial measurements, how many pints make up a quart ?
19. Which type of wispy or feathery high cloud, derives its name from the latin for 'curl' ?
20. The group of seven stars that form the 'Plough' are in which constellation ?
Return From Science Quiz To Home Page